Commissioned by the Norwegian Ministry of the Climate and Environment, the Norwegian Centre against Marine Litter have established and now chair the collaboration council to combat marine litter.
The council consists of a broad range of participants with expertise from government agencies, as well as private-sector and voluntary stakeholders.
The council will be tasked with identifying challenges and solutions for the clean-up of marine litter and ensure a more efficient use of the available resources. It is essential that we collaborate on future solutions in order to solve the issue of marine litter.
Climate and Environment Minister Espen Barth Eide officially opened the council on 27 September 2022 in Svolvær.
The following parties are represented on the council:
- The County Governor
- The Norwegian Coastguard
- The Norwegian Coastal Administration
- The Norwegian National Ranger Corps (NNRC)
- The Fisheries and Aquaculture Industry’s Research Fund
- The Norwegian National Association of Outdoor Recreation Councils
- Norwegian Society for Sea Rescue
- The Norwegian Retailers’ Environment Fund
- Norwegian Fishermen’s Association
- MRC – Marine Recycling Cluster
- The Archipelago Service
- Salt AS
- Seafood Norway
- Avfall Norge
- Keep Norway Beautiful
- Norwegian Diving Association
- Norscan Partner AS
- NOSCA Clean Oceans
- NovuMare AS
- Eider AS