The conference will be held at Thon Hotel Svolvær in the centre of Svolvær.
Transportation from the airport
- The closest airport is Svolvær Airport, located about 10 minutes (by car) from the conference venue.
- To avoid waiting, you can book a taxi in advance by calling (+47) 07550
- It is not recommended to walk from the airport to the centre of Svolvær because there is no sidewalk.
- It is also possible to arrive Lofoten by Leknes Airport. It is approximately a 1-hour drive to the conference venue in Svolvær.
- Harstad/Narvik Airport is located a 2 hour and 40 miute drive from Svolvær. You can travel to and from the airport by local bus, airport bus or rental car:
- Tickets and schedule for local bus
- Tickets and schedule for Airport bus
- Rental car
Informal get together Monday
If you arrive Svolvær Monday the 4th, you are welcome to join us at our informal get together at Nordis bar and restaurant at 19.30 on the evening before the conference.
The conference dinner on the 5th of April will be held at Thon Hotel Lofoten. At the top floor restaurant, with a view of the fjord and the mountains, we will share a four-cource dinner made from local produce. Thon Hotel Lofoten is located a two-minute walk from the conference venue.
Dinner starts at 20.00.
Sea Eagle Nature Safari
You may take the opportunity to experience Lofoten away from the conference venue. XXLofoten is offering a Sea Eagle Nature Safari by RIB-boats (Zodiac). Please use this link to read more about the safari and sign up.
Please contact Thon Hotel Svolvær and use the reference number: 29737241
The conference programme
You will find information about the Lofoten Islands at Destination Lofoten